The Amada HA250W Band Saw band wheels are cast iron for a long, productive lifespan.
Extremely rigid construction for large capacity cutting of all types of metals economically and efficiently.
Cutting Capacity: Round (Diameter): 0.5″ – 10″
- 5 HP
- 1-1/4″ Blade
- 9 Times Multi-Index
- Index Floating Vise
- Piece Counter
- Variable Blade Speed Drive
- Split Vise
Saw Head Frame
- The rigid ‘C’ section frame carries the mountings for the two band wheels, heavy-duty worm drive gear reducer, the band drive motor, and saw guide arm mounting supports.
Band Wheels & Drive System
- The band wheels are cast iron for long, productive life. The deflection free 1.38 inch (35 mm.) wheel spindles ensure the wheels run true regardless of tension stress or cutting loads. The spindle assemblies incorporate tapered roller bearings for greater rigidity and long service life. The wheel tracks the blade so that the back of the band is contacts the wheel flanges to support the band. The drive motor is coupled to the transmission through a variable speed pulley.
Drive Wheel Transmission
- The drive wheel transmission is designed and built by Amada to provide high efficiency speed reduction, which requires no external cooling, to deliver more power to the large diameter drive shaft. This shaft ensures that this developed torque is transferred to the blade with no strobing, enabling the machine to efficiently cut high alloys as well as free machining materials.
Pressure/Flow Feed Control
- The independent pressure and flow controls in series ensure the optimum cutting rate can be obtained regardless of section or alloy being cut. The pressure control determines the cutting force applied to the blade and the flow control sets the maximum fall rate of the head. For example for difficult to machine materials the pressure is set higher than free machining alloys and the flow is set lower, as shown on the escutcheons above the above the control knobs.
Idler Wheel Motion Detector
- The wheel motion detector will turn off the blade drive in the case where a blade breaks or is jammed in the work piece. This feature also prevents premature wear on the drive wheel from a stalled band.
Automatic, Powered Chip Conveyor
- The electrically powered chip conveyor auger automatically removes the saw chips from the saw while draining the cutting fluid back into the fluid reservoir. The automatic chip conveyor greatly reduces cleanup time and enables the machine to run longer without operator cleanup.
- The machine control has the capability to make up to 9 index passes giving a maximum cut length of 141.7 in. (3,600 mm.) in automatic.
Split Front Vise
- The work holding vise is split so that it clamps the workpiece on both sides of the cutting plane. This additional support in front of the cutting plane minimizes the burr on the cut pieces.